Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bower & Wilkins - SMPS/Power Supply - Voltage Ratings and Pin Configuration - Zeppelin Speakers

aloopyaaz

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a B&W Zepellin Speaker which won't turn on. I returned from a vacation to find all my electrical equipments turned off ( I guess there was a power surge, tripping everything off). All other appliances restarted fine but my speakers are no longer turning on.

My preliminary google search says that the SMPS is blown out. I watched a lot of videos and read a bunch of forums where people have reported issues with the SMPS (components burnt, etc.). However in my case the SMPS looks neat.

I would want to use a multimeter to check if I am getting the desired voltage output or not. I see the output written on the yellow thing but I am not sur ehow to check.
Can someone please guide me on what outputs should I expect and which probes are for ground vs live? Also, what are these 2 output cables for? One with the 3 pins and the other with 6?

Attachments

• IMG_4540.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4542.JPG
    IMG_4542.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4539.JPG
    IMG_4539.JPG