Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Board hangs when tapped - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

khurram

Newbie level 6
Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Board hangs when taped

hi,
i have desgin a board using a 386ex up in tq144 package. there a big problem when ever i tap the board it hangs even a small jurk hangs it.
i think it is solding problem ,
any one has suggestions or any one has encounter this problem before

Board hangs when taped

That's a frustrating problem, especially if it takes a while to reboot the system between failures.

I usually use a thin plastic or wooden stick to gently tap the board at various locations until I find the sensitive area. Then I inspect the area with a microscope. If I'm lucky, I'll find a poorly soldered pin. If I'm unlucky, it'll be a hidden cracked PCB trace or intermittent via.

Re: Board hangs when taped

Hi,
This is a very common problem encountered whrn one of the pins is not properly soldered. The best thing is to "retouch" all the pins. The local solution is to make sure all the ground pins are indeed grounded. This is to find which paticular pin is a problem.
B R M

Re: Board hangs when taped

Sometimes freeze spray will help finding the problem “spot” in cases like this.

Ante :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back