Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth upper layer stack

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinseeker

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an application whereby i need to communicate with a Bluetooth device using the RFCOMM protocol. I'm not that familiar with bluetooth or its profiles! My question is if i use a bluetooth module with the Serial Port Profile firmware, does that mean i will have access to the RFCOMM protocol layer?

I would appreciate any help given....

Thanks

For implement SPP You must have RFCOM implemented before. More information in SIG documentation.

Actually I am develop one application with TI microcontroller and Bluetooth serial module (This module not have any facilites, I start my program writing hci transport protocol, next others protocols)...

Gorkin.

Thanks, does that mean that i can access the RFCOMM protocol directly and bypass the SPP altogether?

Also, what bluetooth module do you use?

If i write an application using RFCOMM will it need to go through bluetooth approvals?

Thanks

Hi brother!

RFCOM is just one layer. The next layer are services, one these services are SPP.
I am using BT3014 module with MSP430F1491 and one usb dongle.

No necessary approvals, because You not have access the radio hardware layer.

Gorkin.

Hi Gorkin,

What wired interface do you use between the BT module and microcontroller? SPI, UART, RS232...

Which is best for high data rates?

Thanks....again....

Pinseeker

For physical transport between the microcontroller and bt module, I use TTL low voltage UART @ 115200bps.

The best solution are usb(in case of PC, because the PC UART are speed limitation), but for general purpose, serial solution are more easy for development and evaluation.

Gorkin.

hi,

did you try this book before? maybe this one will help...

Thanks..

Can you suggest other books on bluetooth?

Pinseeker

gorkin said:
Hi brother!

RFCOM is just one layer. The next layer are services, one these services are SPP.
I am using BT3014 module with MSP430F1491 and one usb dongle.

No necessary approvals, because You not have access the radio hardware layer.

Gorkin.

Hi: Grokin
If I have built the connection,how can I do for going to the high layer.L2CAP.RFCOM ect.? Thanks in advance.

I am actually finishing my application using ad hoc conexion (in other words, no compatible with SIG standard).

I my case, I write the hci and l2cap layers, basead in SIG1.1

Gorkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back