Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AWR iFilter Filter Synthesis tool can not generate the printed filter layout structure in ADS but only can create the circuit schematic

wbqlin

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1723515905520.png
1723515942563.png
1723515978394.png

Hi wbqlin! In the Generate Schematic/Analysis area, are Fmin and Fmax indicated correctly? May be Fmin [Mhz]=2700 and Fmax [Mhz]=5200? In the Models and Topologies area, uncheck Use X-models for Microstrip.

Last edited:
Hi wbqlin! In the Generate Schematic/Analysis area, are Fmin and Fmax indicated correctly? May be Fmin [Mhz]=2700 and Fmax [Mhz]=5200? In the Models and Topologies area, uncheck Use X-models for Microstrip.
Thanks for the reply. The issue is still the same no matter what frequency I enter and uncheck X-models or not. I have been trying all of them but the generated file in ADS is only schematic but not layout model.

What the problem with generating PCB topology in AWR? And then transfer it to ADS. I made a preliminary calculation of the filter based on your data, and the topology in AWR turns out to be acceptable.

Click "Layout" Button then you will see the layout associated to microstip lines
But this is not enough to design such filter. You have to use "Extraction Block" in schematic view to achieve a real layout that can be simulated in Axiem.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back