Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWhoF

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have one computer with Windows XP and Trendmicro Internet Security suite and another computer with Windows 7 (ultimate) and free Avast anrivirus.
Both computers are, as far as hardware is concerned, almost identical.

Computer with Win7+Avast runs like a breeze, computer with WinXP+TrendMicro is much slower, sometimes it is just frustrating, specially when the computer is re-started (or was previously shut-down) and TrendMicro is doing “something” for several minutes and the machine is useless for that period of time.

Q. Is something like Avast enough, or do we really need full Internet Security suit?
So far I haven’t notice any problems in behavior with Win7+Avast and Win7 is pretty good by itself in blocking unwanted stuff.
Please share your experience.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the man difference between so called Internet Security and AntiVirus is that Internet Security introduces it’s own Firewall and adds an Anti-Spam feature (plus some other stuff of minor importance) ..

The original Windows Firewall seems to be good enough, so if you are not interested in Anti-Spam filter, in general, you should be OK. ..

Rgds,
IanP

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
OK. Thanks.
Do you think having only AVAST and WIN7 natural protection it's safe to quote credit card number or use it for bank transaction?

Hmmm .. with computers you can never be 100% sure, but if the avast scan tells you that your computer is clean there is no reason why you should not do what other people do, that is use credit cards to purchase stuff online ..

Rgds,
IanP

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…