rompelstilchen

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Audio recording IC (44khz)

hello
I been digging the web recently , looking for an ic that could record/playback audio samples

but so far the only IC I found only record voice (12khz or something)

I was wondering if anyone knew any descent IC that did up to 44khz recording and playback

preferably with possibility of variable message width and both MCU-interface/standalone-push-buttons operability

thanks

Last edited:

Do you want the IC to contain everything? At 44kHz your device will need several MB of storage for each minute of audio. The storage can be ram, CD, hard disk, solid state hard disk.

For playback you might use similar circuitry that goes into a CD player, or a modern note-taking recorder which has no moving parts.

To record, an ADC converter is the middleman component. Your circuitry must take its data output, and fill memory at 44k samples per second.

The commercial devices don't aim for 44kHz speed. I imagine they realize it's overkill in a standalone device.

damned, I would have wanted to avoid different ships (ram/cpu/dac/adc) to do that

I would have wanted to avoid different ships (ram/cpu/dac/adc) to do that

You could check for "single-chip-audio-codecs".
There are options embedding within a single chip a microcontroller and some peripherals.
Anyway, an external storage device ( RAM / SDcard / etc... ) is mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…