Not open for further replies.

powerofthedream

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Friends,

I am currently using 0.13um CMOS process, and the Assura tool for DRC/ERC/LVS, under the Cadence icfb5141.

All the set-ups for 'Run Assura DRC' are exactly as what has been described in the foundry's training tutorials, fishy stuff happens when pressing the button. The error message is shown as below:

CMOSP13/.assura_DRC.run: /tools/cadence/ASSURA04.12.001-5141_lnx86/tools/assura/bin/assura: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory"

I've googled about this error message, but got no lucks, not sure if this is due to the PDK installation issue or sth else. I am really kinda upset and worried, as I have been stuck here for quite a while.

Really appreciating your hints.

CMOSP13/.assura_DRC.run: /tools/cadence/ASSURA04.12.001-5141_lnx86/tools/assura/bin/assura: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory"

Seems assura expects a K-shell interpreter in the mentioned directory /bin/ksh ... and can't find it there. I think this location is either hard-wired within assura or specified by an environment parameter (setenv ...).

Seems assura expects a K-shell interpreter in the mentioned directory /bin/ksh ... and can't find it there. I think this location is either hard-wired within assura or specified by an environment parameter (setenv ...).

Hi Erik,

Dank, dank. Really helpful advice I have been appreciating.

I have checked the directory of /tools/cadence/ASSURA04.12.001-5141_lnx86/tools/assura/bin/assura,
Actually assura is a file, after opening it up, the first row is #!/bin/ksh

What does it mean? I am so confused here now.

BTW, the real path of above should be /tools/cadence/ASSURA04.12.001-5141_lnx86/tools.lnx86/assura/bin/assura,
The second 'tools' document is actually some short link pointing to tools.lnx86

Thanks so much for some tips .

Maybe your system just doesn't have the Korn shell installed.
The header line is telling the script what its shell interpreter
is supposed to be (#!/bin/csh, #!/bin/tcsh, #!/bin/sh are
others).

If the Korn shell is installed, but elsewhere, have your sysDude
put a symbolic link; if it's not anywhere, install it.

BTW, the real path of above should be /tools/cadence/ASSURA04.12.001-5141_lnx86/tools.lnx86/assura/bin/assura,
The second 'tools' document is actually some short link pointing to tools.lnx86

This is standard in Cādence and works well.

Thanks a lot, guys, you are awesome, problem solved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…