Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arduino mega 2560 using progisp & codevision AVR. fuse bit and uploading problem

Dhans42

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i have arduino mega 2560 pro here. and my programmer using CodevisionAVR and usbasp(isp).

is there a recommended fuse bit setting for crystal 16MHz?
mega 2560 exsisting : Low=FF, High=D8, Extend=FD. when i upload using ISP. the program upload was success, but the program didnt start.
--- Updated ---

i use the progisp uploader with spi terminal, is there any special treatment to upload using spi to arduino mega 2560 board?

Last edited:
Take care concerning potential bricking of Atmega :

Regards, Dana.

oh i know the problem. the atmega2560 keep resetting itself. what should i do to disable it? its like a uC supervisori but i didnt find the supervisori as hardware. was anyone meet a problem like this? -board mega 2560 pro-

oh i know the problem. the atmega2560 keep resetting itself. what should i do to disable it? its like a uC supervisori but i didnt find the supervisori as hardware. was anyone meet a problem like this? -board mega 2560 pro-
is it possible the pull up resistor on reset pin is unsoldered ?
or attach a 10k resistor from reset pin to 5v
just 4 test

Hi,

at first you focussed on clock fuse setting.
is there a recommended fuse bit setting for crystal 16MHz?

Now you say it is a resetting problem:
oh i know the problem. the atmega2560 keep resetting itself
* how do you know at all that it is resetting?
* how do you know it is resetting ITSELF?

--> External reset lines can be monitored.
--> During ISP upload the RESET is ACTIVE anyways. I never heard about INTERNAL RESET while external RESET is applied.

I can only imagine that "aborting" during ISP can be caused by unstable power supply.

Klaus

If you use extended delay() in the code the WDT can trigger a reset, so you have to "feed the dog"
depending on what your code and the APIs its using. If I am not mistaken there are libs out there
that take care of this in their implementation. Or code your own delay routine you call which
creates a total delay based on smaller delay/reset the WDT periodically. Or timed interrupt
or.......

Google "arduino delay wdt" for more info.

Regards, Dana.

Hi,

if you erase the FLASH, then no useful code is performed. It does nothing you can "detect" externally.
In my eyes it is impossible to determine whether the microcontroller is in RESET or not.
So why is it of interest then?

And btw: WDT can be forced_enabled by fuses. Thus to be sure the WDT is disabled --> disable the according FUSE.

It´s all described in the datasheet.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back