anyone knows which cpus are used in cpu-based smartcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what cpus are used in cpu-based smartcards? I know there's 8051 clone, the microchip pic16xx clone, is ARM used, in particular?

eman

Hi,
According my knowledge, ARM is rarely used in smartcard because price.

as far as I know many cards use 8051 or Pic (16F84, 16F877).

regards

If you use 8051 uart , take care the divide 372 problem . The most reachable dividid is 384 , but for some critical test for compliant of iso7816-3 . It can fail sometimes .

Motorola 68HC series is used very often
Lm

Cheap

The cost of the entire card is under $1 US with the gold plating on the contacts being the most expensive component. I would suspect that whatever processor is cheapest and has internal nonvolatile memory.

Re: Cheap

flatulent said:
The cost of the entire card is under $1 US with the gold plating on the contacts being the most expensive component. I would suspect that whatever processor is cheapest and has internal nonvolatile memory.

Do you really mean a processor-card and NOT a memory card? Manufacturing cost or selling price ? Here in Europe the selling price for a processor-card is - depending on features e.g. crypto-coprocesors - about more than 10 Euros, also in higher quantities. It would be really interesting if you can provide a link to such a cheap card.

Thanks,
Mik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…