Any DC-DC voltage converter IC to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcding1980

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

anyone know any good DC-DC converter IC to convert voltage from 3V battery to 5V? does this IC consume alot of current? thanks.

regards

Hi. Try MAX1676 from maxim, it's exelent. It's quescent curren is abou 10uA(I think).

Best Regards.

hi IanP,

i try to search for this IC at www.maxim-ic.com website but could not find it..could it be from other IC company? thanks for ur help.

regards

Difficult to say why MAX777L is gone ???
However, Maxim has several alternative ICs such as:
MAX122-MAX124 .. **broken link removed**
Outputs are fixed or adjustable ..

hi..

anyone tries using PIC to convert the DC to DC voltage? i saw one example in Microchip Tricks n Tips.

regards.

Hi,

jcding1980 said:
hi..

anyone tries using PIC to convert the DC to DC voltage? i saw one example in Microchip Tricks n Tips.

regards.

Yes, I used it and it works fine. I used it for using N-FET insted of a P-FET. I hade to increase the voltage highr then the input voltage. Works great, As long as your PWM will be fast enough.
Good luck.

hi gidimiz,

do mind mind to share how is ur circuit for the PIC DC-DC voltage converter? what is your input voltage and what output voltage you get? thanks.

regards.

Hi,

As it says in the TIP #10, Use the CLKOUT of the pic to generat quarter of the frequancy. Use 1K resistor, Any diode and 0.2uF - 1uF capacitors.
Thats all.
Good luck.

jcding1980

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi gidimiz,

what voltage u manage to get with the circuit u described? thanks alot. u gave me some ideas alr.

regards

Hi jcding1980,

I got almost twice Vdd. If you saw tip#10 then you will see there a formula to calculate the voltage that you will get out. its 100% true.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…