Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An error occurs when uploading firmware to ESP32 using Arduino.

MDKSD1234

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I encountered the following problem when uploading firmware to ttgo micro-32.
I believe that the boot and reset pins were operated correctly.
Also, external elements connected to ttgo micro were basically removed.
However, this error always occurs when uploading.
What was the cause?
1720261019920.png

I don't use TTGO, I prefer generic ESP32 modules but I suspect your problem is the type of board you have selected in the IDE. The error seems to be a wrong parameter passed to the Python script that does the uploading.

Brian.

Thanks for your response.
In general, what should I do if I want to develop a module that cannot be selected in the arudino IDE?
I can't select ttgo micro-32 in arduino IDE.

I'm not sure what is different between "ESP32 Dev Module" and the TTGO version but I would imagine they work almost the same. Try selecting the Dev module if you haven't already.

Is your TTGO a complete module with USB or the bare IC?
If you just have the bare IC, do you have connections to the EN and GP0 pins and pull-up resistors from them to VCC?

Brian.

You could have attached here more information, such as if you have connected 'reserved' pins to non allowed states at startup, as well as what url's you have added to the board manager in the "preferences settings". Are you using the one from espressif, or any other unofficial instead ? ( dl.espressif...? raw.githubusercontent...? ). From the above picture, the chip is the "ESP32-PICO-D4" wich according to Espressif's documentation, it is used by the "ESP32 Pico Kit" board, available on Arduino IDE, have you selected this board on IDE ?

Thanks, Andre.
yes, I selected the esp32 pico d4 in aruino IDE.
This is project url.

But I don't use this source for smartwatch.
My goal is to store a lot of GPS data on the sdcard.
However, initially firmware cannot be written to flash.
1720315193279.png

Can you post the schematic of how you have the ESP32 connected to your computer and include a photograph as well if possible.
I suspect an electrical problem, possibly with the boot connection at start of programming. I have programmed many ESP32 hundreds of times using the same IDE and various hardware without any problems but you do have to be careful with pin states as the programming cycle starts.

Brian.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back