Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy783

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I spend a lot of time outdoors and I like listening to a radio (got bored with mp3 player). The problem is that there are simply no good local FM stations in Eastern Serbia (ever heard of turbo-folk). There are few good (mostly Romanian) stations that are strong enough even during the day and that can be picked up even with cheap Chinese pocket-sized radios. The problem is that all of them have ferrite antenna for AM, which of course only works when directed at the transmitter.

Is there a way to modify a receiver so that it would be omnidirectional and still small enough to fit inside a pocket? Walking sideways really tires you quickly

Last edited:

Dear scruffy
Hi
I think it is possible ! use a telescope antenna ( a tiny one ) as you probably know the input section of each radio is a tuned circuit . one of the heads is connected to the ground and the other one is connected to the amplifier or mixer . so you can connect your antenna , here !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…