Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium help....Altium Users & experts HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazzarian

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am completely new to Altium infact to PCB Designing.

I have very little experience in Protel 99SE.

Have designed boards in Protel. But i never used the concept of schematics in Protel, i directly placed footprints on the PCB, routed manually and that's it.

Now that i am using Altium, i discovered that i am unable to route manually like i did in Protel without Schematics.

I just wanted to ask, is it possible to route in Altium without anything else like schematics and stuff.......

can i do it just like i did in Protel99SE

you should be able to do it. instead of using the place route you need to use place track command, and turn off the on-line drc..
after you are done with the board you can create a netlist from what you have created.

Where is the Place Track command located, i can't find it..........also tell me how do i turn off the DRC..........a step-by-step guide would be highly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back