Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium aluminium base pcb layer stackup

Marimuthu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to design the aluminium base pcb , i dont know how to set the layer stack for aluminum layer in altium , attahed the sample image of layer stack of single layer

Capture 10.PNG

I set the top copper layer , but i didnt find any aluminium base material in layer stackup.

anybody help me out for this layer setings ?

I usually specify the PCB layer stack as you would a typical FR4 but then in accompanying documentation (detailed drawings) specify in the notes the the PCB as Xmm Aluminium Clad along with any other details.

the aluminum plate is not really part of the stack up, at least I’m not aware of anyone who makes PCBs with two different metals. As you yourself have noted, it’s a base plate, not really a “layer”. As scope probe points out, just make it part of the fabrication drawing.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: