Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Algorithm for signal separation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemsal

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to solve a problem and i wondered if you could tell me if there is an algorithm that could help me with this. It would preferably be one that i could implement in Matlab. And i should point out that i am fairly new to the whole area so please be kind:)

Here's the problem:
I have two signals arriving with a slight time delay between them. Nothing is known about the shape of the signal that arrives later but I have an idea of the shape of the first signal from measuring it upstream (although it is very likely its shape has been modified a little). I want to be able to separate them possibly by supplying the known shape of the signal that arrives first and the superposition of the both signals. The signal of known shape may have been AMPLIFIED or DOWNSIZED and i am assuming a linear system.

Please help.
And let me know if you need any more detials.

Hi,

I have come across a similar problem in analysis of 2 different signals.
Basically i would suggest that you can compute the Frequency of signal using DFT.
by taking the intermediate samples if it works, if it doesn't then you could do some filtering using band pass filters.

The description sounds like a standard signal theory text book problem, the term known shape of the signal is very vague, however. You should also mention, which signal parameters are actually known, if it's e. g. a periodical signal or of inifinite period length, if it's defined in time or frequency domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back