Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ads1298 programmer info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Miracle

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi .. i just want to have few information regardng that ADS1298 IC. I want to ask if i use that IC do i have to buy a programmer for it too ?? i mean do i need a separate programmer to programm this IC ?

You would normally program it (or "set it up") using a microcontroller, or maybe FPGA. I assume you have some means of processing the data from it so that would normally be the same device that sets it up.

Keith

oh ok .. it means that i dont have to buy a programmer for it as i had done for microcontroller (programmed using universal programmer) ? i can programm this IC using my microcontroller ( ATmega16L) to make it work..rite ?

Correct. You use the SPI interface of the ATmega16L to connect to the ADS1298 to set it up and collect data.

Keith.

hi I am currently working on this ADS1298, but I am a newbie.

I would like to know that how do you program (set up) and instruct the ADS1298 by your ATmega16L using the SPI interface please?

Status
Not open for further replies.