Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS microstrip components and vias

verfelixt

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am currently working on a RF layout in Keysight ADS. I have created multiple microstrip components in the schematic. In the layout however, they only show up on some obscure layer with a blue outline, not the "cond" layer. How can I fix this?

In addition, I'd like to place some vias, however when I draw the via on the "hole" layer, the traces that I create do not snap to it. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Solution
From your description it is difficult to say what your mistake is.

When you look at settings in the MSUB block, do you see the correct target layers?
In ADS layout, do the layers show up at all? You need to add "ads_standard_layers" during technology setup.

Regarding via snap: only layout from schematic elements has "pins" for snapping. If you had drawn shapes on layer "hole" manually, there is no pin and no snapping to other elements. But ADS gives some choices for connectivity check, not sure if there is a setting that can handle this.

msub.png

technology_setup.png
From your description it is difficult to say what your mistake is.

When you look at settings in the MSUB block, do you see the correct target layers?
In ADS layout, do the layers show up at all? You need to add "ads_standard_layers" during technology setup.

Regarding via snap: only layout from schematic elements has "pins" for snapping. If you had drawn shapes on layer "hole" manually, there is no pin and no snapping to other elements. But ADS gives some choices for connectivity check, not sure if there is a setting that can handle this.

msub.png

technology_setup.png

Solution
Thank you very much, this solved the problem. The standard layers were showing up in the technology setup, however all layers in the MSUB object were set to the ads-drawing layer. I changed it to the right layers and the structures are now showing up on the cond-layer as desired.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: