Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding Peelable Solder Mask in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I want to add peelable solder mask in altium. Actually I want to protect some SMD pads from exposure to flow solder. How can I do it in Altium?
Do I need to add a separate mechanical layer but how could I mark those pads?

Thanks and Regards,
MAT

A speoprate mechanical layers seems sensible, I do Concoat drawings that way and place a fill where I want a mask placed for the concoat. Using a output jobfile you can combile a number of layers to get the view you are after.

I dont know whether you want to add this mask to a single foot print, pad, via or whole of the one of the outer layers. If you want to add soldermask to a pad or via just double click that via or pad, a dialog box will pop up. In that dialog box at near right bottom you will see an option of force tenting. Just mark it. Go to 3D view and see whether required have been don or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.