Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding debug /test points in between the components in the RF front end design.

Maitry07

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have designed one RF front end for my 4 channel receiver which include COTS components from recognized manufacturers such as Bias tee, LNA, attenuator, 4 way power splitter and band pass filters for 4 bands.
I have taken proper care for impedance matching in the layout. But still, I wanted to put test/debug points in between the components so that I can also check individual component's performance with spectrum analyzer. so, what is the best method in RF to put test/debug points so that this insertion cannot add any impedance mismatch and parasitic capacitance. what is the best practice to put this kind of test/debug points in the RF pcb through which any components can be accessed and tested via spectrum analyzer and it cannot affect the main signal path or performance of the overall RF front end chain?

request you to provide solutions for the same

You don't want "any" and some fancy dead guy said you can't make a measurement without perturbing the measured.

So get real and get quantitative.

Make two test articles. One for the assembly as you would deploy and one that is identical except for test access. Now you have a basis to quantity every test point's effect on lineup attributes and de-embed becomes practical.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back