Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

add fiducials in orcad pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

SagSag

Full Member level 1
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey

can anyone help me understand how to add fiducials to my layout with Orcad PCB?
how can I add them and on which layers should they appear?

thanks

1.> Create a Fiducial footprint.
2.> Add to board(Like any new footprints addition to board).

Fiducials are come accross on Top Layers (Component Side Layers). these fiducials helpful for a reference point in Pick place machines.

thanks anil.
are there any built in footprints of Fiducual that can make it easy?

I think Local fiducials are required because for BGA's placement using PAP machines, should need near reference point.

Depends on board size, PAP machine capabilities, up to double eurocard havn't required them, most decent machines have a camera that will view the footprint and adjust placement on the fly. Plus the fids take up valuable real estate. I havn't personaly had to use a local fid since 2000.
Again to reiterate, if you have an in house production department talk to them, if you use an external assembly house talk to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back