Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adc resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

irshadhm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
now i am doing a project,for that i want to convert milli voltage(0-1200) .i would like to use 8 bit adc
pleace help me

which microcontroller you use? . If you are a beginer in microcontroller beter you select PIC microcontroller or 8051? select your controller and read the data sheet of the controller which contin the registers associated with the ADC module, identify the registers and bits and then read the steps to program the ADC and configure it, Better you can use some simulators for testing your program

adc resolution means the bit length of ADC outpt

Eg:

8 bit adc ; output is 00000000 bit
10 bit adc; output is 0000000000 bit

the resolution increase step size decrease accuracy increase

i like to use 8052 microcontroller,which adc i want to use for 1200 mv

you try to use ADC0809 ....it is from national and 8 bit ADC.....interfacing is simple....only the thing is that you need to have external clock gererator designed for your requirment.... Look for any 100Khz or 50 Khz generation circuit ....you will get an idea....

Good Luck

If you feel comfortable implementing a I2C or SPI interface, Microchip has several inexpensive ADCs available.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.