Actuator with set points

svikeen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. New member here, and not sure if this is the right thread to post in so please let me know if this is the wrong one.

So I have a tractor which has 3 separate hydraulic control levers. Maybe a luxury problem but they are placed pretty far away from me while I am sitting so you have lean pretty far forward and not the best while driving. The hydraulic control levers have 4 positions 1. Raise, 2. Lower, 3. Float, 4. off. I have been playing around with the idea to have 3 Actuators pushing and pulling these and wiring up 3 separate switches. But I dont like the idea with regular actuators since they only push and pull with no regard to where you last used it. So to my question does anyone here know about actuators that have say set points integrated into them? So say I could put the switch into position 1 then it pushes the lever all the way to Raise, then I could set the switch into position 2 then it lowers, 3 to float and 4 to off for example.

I have tried to search for it but cant find anything, it may be that I am not searching for the right things.

The first thing that come to mind is PLC with Servo Drivers, but I'm not sure if it is suited to use in the automotive industry aswell.
Anyway, it is not cheap, and you should build some mechanical apparatus to fit the exact actuator path.

From my experience on a tractor with manual levers, you often need immediate response to stop rapidly when lifting and lowering. Any additional middleman device creates loose play in the linkage.

Could it work to install a length of pipe by welding or brazing it onto the levers?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…