hrkhari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
accumulation varactors

Dear Guys:

In implementing an AMOS where the D-S diffusions (p+doped) is removed in and implementing the bulk contacts (n+) in the place left by D-S in a n-well and p substrate. However this device is not supported by silicon foundries. The question is, if an equivalent nMOS with D-S diffusions (n+ doped) in p substrate, with grounded bulk is used to replace the MOSCAP as described above, I would get the same tuning characteristic plot as described for a typical AMOS device, provided that the tuning node is at the D-S tied together . Can anyone confirm this outcome. Thanks in advance

Rgds

A-Mode Varactor is a NMOS in N-Well, Normal NMOS is a NMOS in P-Sub. The difference is for A-Mode varactor, the channel is already N- dopped. As we know Normal NMOS varactor, sweep Vgd from neg to pos value, it goes through A -> D -> I states. For A-Mode, it is D -> A (Since the channel is already n type), but the physical process almost same.

Hi:

Thnx, that explains the physical part of AMOS, but how do one model this AMOS device for spice/spectre simulation purpose. Thanks in advance

Rgds

In your schematic you can replace this MOS capacitor by PMOS transistor with very small S/D area and perimeter.
I simulated such kind of transistor and compared with measured CV plot for 0.5u TSMC process (I found that in one of paper). Very close to each other.
But if left S/D floating sometimes I got some problem with convergence.

hrkhari

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…