Not open for further replies.

chethankp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need a power socket which provides the , ON,OFF,Current consumption, and current controlling .. I came across with a device[1] which provides ON,OFF and current cosumption but it does not provide any control on the current flow to the load .

Can somebody suggest a product or circuite which can do this ?

[1]https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/SmartOutlet_english.pdf

What type of load do you want to control and what is the power requirement and terminal voltage of the load?

Hi ,
I need to connect the loads like FAN, BULB .. my terminal voltage will be 200 t 230 ..

In terms of current control, a device/appliance that is in good working condition can only take the required current from the power supply.
Assuming a generator is capable of delivering 500A and a fan which needs 2A for its operation is connected, only the 2A will be delivered to the fan.
Please let me know if you have a contrary view.

Yes .. I agree with you,, that is when we provide full current, load will draws its maximum current ..

Actually I need to control the current the way we control for FAN(control using regulator) .

Now I need this kind of digtal control for FAN and BULB , I need to control the current to these load ..

fan and bulb regulators do not work by current control. They work by voltage control - either by using a rheostat, or by some form of switching to reduce the average voltage.

You can control bulbs by the use of AC light dimmer switches.

I had a bit search on this but did not get any digtaly controlled dimmer swicth ..

Can you suggest any or some circuite to start it of ?

I had a bit search on this but did not get any digtaly controlled dimmer swicth ..

Can you suggest any or some circuite to start it of ?

try putting this in your google : digitally controlled dimmer

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.