Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ac adapter for an hp and digital camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAV

Junior Member level 1
Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to make an ac adapter for my HP 48g+ and a digital camera, the HP works with 4.5V DC given by 3 AAA batteries and the Digital camera operate under 3V DC, but it has a maxium power dissipation of 3W.

I want to know some consigerations for my design, i was thinking to use the tipical configuration with a transformator, rectifier,filter,regulator,etc. The ac adapters could be different for the two instruments. I want to be sure about the correct funcionality of this circuit before plug it into the devices, i don't want to make them any damage. Thanks for the help.

Hi,
try this link
Code:
http://www.eleinmec.com/article.asp?16

Some points to note about this circuit are
* Input voltage to the 7805 should be atleast 10V.
* Drop across each of the diodes is about 1V so be sure to use a transformer which gives an LV side voltage of about 12V or more.
* Smoothing capacitor should be high enough. (470 microfarad is a convenient value.)

To obtain 3 and 4.5V you can use a voltage divider after obtaining 5V output from the above circuit.

Hi,
I have recently made an adapter for a Kodak camera.It was 3V,3A adapter using the one-chip flyback SMPS TNY266.It worked very well and could be easily switched from one output voltage to another by simply changing the feedback circuit.Efficiency was excellent but I had to read very carefully some datasheets beforehand.
Everything can be found here: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back