Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the Standard Cell application in P&R

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaom9

Full Member level 4
Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am new in Digital circuit synthesis and P&R, so I have some questions about the Standard cell application in P&R.
I finish the synthesis in DC and use the SOC encounter to do the Place and Route, but when I import the GDS2 or DEF files which output from SOC encounter to Virtuoso, there are some errors, the layout view can not display right as shown in figure 1

Only the metal 1 and metal 2 can be displayed, the Standard Cell can not be displayed. Before I import the DEF file, I have added the Symbol lib of the Standard Cell lib and imported the LEF file to the CIW. But when I open the Standard Cell layout, it is not right as shown in figure 2

Is there anything I should pay attention to when import the LEF file? I thing is there any error in the layout map, I do not use the layout map file when import these file?
Also, I can not import the Verilog, after I import the Verilog, there are only ports in the schematic, but not the symbol.
Can anyone give me some advice, please?

Thank you!
Best regards!

You need to import the layout data for the standard cells in to Virtuoso from their GDSII file.

The LEF file is just an abstract - it does not contain details of what is inside the cells.

gaom9

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, jbeniston
Thank you for your reply. But I can not find any GDSII file in the Standard Cell file. These files is got from Artisan, I thing they include all files I need. Where can I find the GDSII file to import the Virtuoso.

Thank you!
Best regards!

You need to use the Layermap file while streaming-in. Otherwise the virtuoso will not be able to recognize what layer is used for what purpose. Use layermap file while doing stream-in & check the layout db.

gaom9

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back