Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A hybrid sheme combining SPIHT and SOFM for effectual image

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusanthosh1989

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I am doing a project named "A hybrid scheme combining SPIHT and SOFM for effectual image compression".

Abstract of the project:

"Image compression is a vital task for image transmission and storage. Thus far, a number of compression techniques have been developed; for instance, transform image coding, predicative image coding, vector quantization and more. Of these, the techniques based on transform coding and Vector Quantization (VQ) have received a great deal of attention. In recent times, developing hybrid schemes for effective image compression has gained enormous popularity among researchers. In this paper, we propose a hybrid scheme combining Kohonen’s Self Organizing Feature Map (SOFM) based Vector Quantization (VQ) coding and Set Partitioning In Hierarchical Trees (SPIHT) coding for effective compression of images. First, the input image is decomposed using biorthogonal wavelet transform. Subsequently, the decomposed image is compressed using SPIHT encoding, which results with a bit stream. The resulted bit stream is then fed to the SOFM based VQ coding for further compression. The SOFM algorithm generates a codebook corresponding to the inputted bit stream and then based on the generated codebook effectively compresses the bit stream. The reconstruction of the original image involves the linear combination of its corresponding processes as in image encoding."

I attempted to do the project but no output. So i am in need of matlab code for the above said project.Hope thou help in completing my project.

Thanks and regards

P.Guru Santhosh
Hyd
India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back