Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8085 microcontroller not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

manan1024

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every1

i am working on an 8085 microcontroller
i hv entered a simple programme to blink couple of LEDs connected to port 1
when i give power to the controller the LEDs are just glowing and standing still i.e. not blinking
when i move the wires on the PCB on which i have done soldering a little they start blinking and they would stop after some time
also i have checked voltages of other pins of the port 1 which i have not even used in programming they are also high
its like the program is not working at some time instants and on moving the wiring a little it starts working
could some wires be getting short with each other or what else could be the reason??
please reply fast as i have to submit this project in 2 days
thanx in advance

Check for any short circuits in the pcb then do post the circuit in concern

post a picture of the PCB board

the 8085 is working fine only the connections are not adequately properly

It sounds like that you have a bad connection, did you use sockets for the IC's? these may be the cause of your bad connection.

I am newbie to micro but I am sure that if there is any fault in IC there will not be op at any cost If adjusting wires give the needed op then there is something wrong with the soldering of chips

LOL true thanks pal really I don't have much knowledge in this but thanks for clarifying me here

Status
Not open for further replies.