Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8*8 blocking for JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqas2505

Newbie level 4
Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some help regarding the 8*8 blocks that we need to create for the implementation of jpeg. How am i supposed to make them?
I am not very fluent (good at) matlab programing. So some comments explaining how the code is being executed would be highly appreciated.

To start with u need to use a image with integral multiple of 8 such as VGA resoltion ( 640x480) which contains total 80x60 -8x8 blocks then use two for loops with modulus ....then you can generate the micro -blocks of 8x8 size

Your suggestion was very useful, I do understand that for starting as a beginner I would require an image with multiple of 8s resolution. You have mentioned to for loops, I am unable to use the loops and understand the code for these loops. Could you please guide me regarding the code for implementation as well as understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back