+/40V , 4A smps....split rail and cross regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,

I am doing a +/-40V, 4A SMPS for Class B audio amplifier supply (VAC input 90-265VAC). PFC stage front end.

To get best crross regulation of the split rails, is it best to use a LLC converter (no inductors in the output rails)

...or to use a two transistor forward converter with coupled output inductors.?

Hi Treez
Your required power , is low , hence you can also use a simple Flyback converter or perhaps a simple one switch forward converter .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

- - - Updated - - -

Class B audio amplifier supply
BTW : i think you are referring to the class AB amplifier ? ( i hope you know a class B amplifier isn't a good choice for audio applications because of large value of THD )

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks goldsmith, but the German distributors of this amplifier said it is a Class B amplifier

Thanks goldsmith, but the German distributors of this amplifier said it is a Class B amplifier
That is impossible ! you can ask the manufacturer company , ( is that an IC or a circuit ? ) if that is a circuit , see at out put stage you'll have a biasing network to bias BE junctions nearby conduction region .
Hence you'll see that is a class AB amp .
Good luck
Goldsmith

T

im not sure if a wee bit of crossover distortion as a bad thing for a guitar amp?

Maybe its class AB , as you say, or rather.....Class BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBA (you probably know what i mean here....in other words, Class AB, but with hardly any bias power at all being consumed at no load.)

so , do people do "Class BBBBBBBBBBBBBBA" type amps?...do they exist?

Hi Treez
Class BA ? it is my first time to hear a word like that !
Why you don't test it yourself ? do you know how to measure THD ? do you have any oscilloscope or function generator ?

T

Status
Not open for further replies.