Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

38kHz quartz for BA1404

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdin

Full Member level 3
Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ba1404

Hi there,
I have recently discovered the very attractive chip BA1404.
It is available where I live but it requires a 38kHz quartz (a very weird part) which is nowhere near available :( .
My question is if I could use LC in series or in parallel instead.(suppose it is possible,but I want to know if somebody has tried it).
Thank you in advance!

38 khz crystal

Is it practical to use the combination of quartz with higher frequency and frequency divider to achieve 38kHz?

38khz crystal

No,I strive for simplisity.Any complication will lessen the benefits of the one-chip design.
The quartz with the closest integral multiple of 38kHz frequency is at 3.686 MHz and has to be divided by 97!!!!
I think this chip is useless unless these quartz resonators are common enough.
Unfortunately I don't know of any other low-power one-chip modulators like this one.

cristal 38 khz

Hello batdin
I think you can use an LC for that. I had saw this circuit many years (about 6-8) ago in the Electronics Now magazine. They used a different method than the suggested 38Khz crystal. I am not sure about the method used but you can either use a small 38Khz oscillator or an LC circuit. If I manage to locate the magazine and the article I will post it.
Platonas

crystal 38khz

I think it is possible - try searching for a schematic of the FM10 pirate trasmitter - start here:

**broken link removed**

If I recall correctly, no crystal was used in the original design. If I find it, I'll post here.

FoxyRick.

38 khz quartz crystal for ba1404

What about this?

Ramsey FM-10 Info
**broken link removed**

38khz

Now this is interesting.Thank you.
The articles implied that instead of using a quartz and a capacitor in series one can use just a capacitor.
But I'm concerned about stability.The frequency will evidently depend on the value of the capacitor AND some internal chip parameters subject to temperature change.
By the way,I wasn't able to find the "Ramsey FM-10" schematic diagram on the Internet.
All I found were ideas for improving the kit's performance.Ironically I need the original diagram :(
Funny,I thought everything could be found on the web :)

P.S.Oh,I just found it.Sadly it uses quartz.Maybe is a new improved version.

quarz 38 khz

Hi batdin,
check this: h**p://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/F_FM10.html
regards, ep20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back