Not open for further replies.

elektryk

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
abel compiler

I am working for company which sometimes service old industrial machines. Sometime there is a need to rewrite or rebuild old PLD chips. Technical it is not big problem for me, about ten years ago I had PLD course during studies. There is a formal problem with license for compiler for old devices like 16V8. I made few projects on shareware Ez-ABEL (because I know ABEL). For future design I would like do choose some free software, but since these chips are older then obsolete there is no this software on market. Ez-ABEL has been few times sold for diffrent companies, as far I know XILINX was lat, and finally dissapeared. Any comments and hints are welcomed. What is a status of 15 years software in law?

pld compiler

I found this GAL-Assembler for the Amiga, which I modified and then compiled for the Mac, it runs beautifully:
**broken link removed**

gal compiler

TI used to distribute a free package called ProLogic. It runs under DOS and supported the 16XX, 22V10, EP310, EP610 and EP1810 devices if memory serves. The manual is at home so I can't provide exact details immediately. It does produce jedec files for any programmer that you might have. If you think you can use it, please PM me, and I will e-mail it. I will also scan the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…