Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] want to burn HEX file into atmega328P

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the page you have provided there is gui to program the chip, what exactly is the problem you are having to use it?

In the page you have provided there is gui to program the chip, what exactly is the problem you are having to use it?

yes there is a gui

2013-01-24_193215.jpg2013-01-24_193335.jpg

but as you can see in the pictures Atmega328P is not listed in it...

what can i do???

You can try this front end for avrdude
http://avr8-burn-o-mat.aaabbb.de/avr8_burn_o_mat_avrdude_gui_en.html

It includes m328 and can work with several STK500 version so I assume it will work with yours too

Ok.... i have tried it...

but now i am getting an error message

C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin\avrdude.exe -C C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin\avrdude.conf -p m328p -P com1 -c stk500v2 -U flash:w:C:\Users\Alfie\Downloads\Compressed\at-prog_1287\BLINK.HEX:a
avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\com1": The system cannot find the file specified.

tried it with changing COM ports still the same...

Last edited:

someone please help me.....!!!!!
i have been googling and searching many forums about this issue... no luck.... pls help...

Hi.
Possible try to change adjustment for COM assigned to STK500 in windows "device manager", such as connection speed and shoot off automatic traffic management. Check device response in terminal program (HyperTerminal or something similar).

Hi.
Possible try to change adjustment for COM assigned to STK500 in windows "device manager", such as connection speed and shoot off automatic traffic management. Check device response in terminal program (HyperTerminal or something similar).

i have never used hyperterminal before......
can u pls help me out hoe to use that for checking device response and all...

- - - Updated - - -

i have been trying to figure out what to do and now....
2013-01-25_204245.jpg

it seems i can only use this device in HID mode in windows 7
and the website has provided with their own avrdude... i don't know if they have made changes to it or not..
but now i have kind of reached with some other problem...

- - - Updated - - -

2013-01-25_205605.jpg

someone please help....
i got it to do something... i i don't know what is going wrong....

- - - Updated - - -

i tried to overide the errors.... But...

2013-01-25_210241.jpg

Last edited:

I use hand made STK500v2 compatible device, so if it connected and COM-port properly configured after pressing "Enter" key in terminal window i see this picture:
I see in my AVRDude "device signature = 0x000000" after wrongly connect atmega8 to 12V feeding. But possible deal in Win7 really, however i use old good WinXP and can not check this.

Last edited:

Hi.

the device that i am using is connected in HID mode so how can i know which co port is it using cos it is listed in the device manager as a usb input device

Does any of the descriptions say something like "USB Serial Port"

- - - Updated - - -

It should be listed in the ports section

You a right, if device in HID mode so no virtual com.
Loading bootloader.a90 file (available from Nex-Robotics) via STK500v2, will take approximately 15 minutes.
Note: If mode is HID, insert HID/CDC jumper (J2) and if mode is CDC, remove HID/CDC jumper (J2).
Hope this actions is done. And other mcu then m328 are successfully programmed. Or not?

Last edited:

C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.exe -C C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.conf -p m328p -P NEX-USB-ISP -c stk500v2 -U flash:w:C:\Users\Alfie\Downloads\Compressed\at-prog_1287\BLINK.HEX:a

avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): command failed
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): command failed
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_program_enable(): cannot get connection status
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

please help.....

- - - Updated - - -

Does any of the descriptions say something like "USB Serial Port"

- - - Updated - - -

It should be listed in the ports section

no... when i remove the jumper then it will be showed in under ports as NEX USB ISP
but that mode is not supported in windows 7 as said by the manufacturer.

and when i insert the jumper the mode is HID and it shows under HID as USB Input Device

- - - Updated - - -

You a right, if device in HID mode so no virtual com.

Hope this actions is done. And other mcu then m328 are successfully programmed. Or not?

i have inserted the J2 and so no it is in HID mode.... but nothing... shows up the above error...

i found out that there was an error in my circuit...
finally got it reading...But....

C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.exe -C C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.conf -p m328p -P NEX-USB-ISP -c stk500v2 -U flash:w:C:\Users\Alfie\Downloads\Compressed\at-prog_1287\BLINK.HEX:a

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.04s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0xfffffe
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you

thanx for all your time and for helping me in every way that you all could...:)

i did figure out what the problem was...

i just checked the board if there is power being supplied by the programmer... surprisingly there was only getting hardly a 1V reading in the multimeter...
and i was pretty sure that the programmer would supply power to the board cos i had read it in the manual...

and so i went back and started reading the whole manual and then noticed that there is a jumper which can be used to set if power has to be supplied to the board or not... and with that... yes...

Burning successful...

Thank you guys for all your help.....

You all have been of real good help...

thanks sooooo much...

Status
Not open for further replies.