Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12Vac SMPS PFC Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartiannaylor

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smps pfc

Hi I am looking for reference design or help from any of you power gurus out there.

I was wondering if anybody have any experience or know of any reference design for a electronic transformer Line voltage to 12Vac.

I know that modern DSP digital SMPS PFC systems can condition the output and provide smooth current and maintain steady voltages over the whole cycle of the mains AC input. The current designs provide cutting edge impedance matching and frequency dithering to help reduce EMI when used in multiples.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience or knows of any designs that allows a similar action with mains to 12Vac.

I am begining to think I might have to go DC but it would be great to hear any thoughts on a 12Vac system.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Stuart@osese.org

www.osese.org

50w smps pfc

may i request what is your actual appilcation, it would make it easier to help you.

is it a motor?

ie howcome you want AC and not DC?

over 50W (25W for lighting) you are going to be strait-jacketed in that you will need a PFC front end.......and these give DC from the mains

pfc smps design for led

Hi,

I have working on a design to be released open source. Its a vain idea to try and push the idea of open source hardware and create an energy efficient lighting controller.

The web site is up and there is to much 'I' on there but its only been operational for a couple of days.

The application is to drive buck led controllers but lighting.

www.osese.org and I have more blurb on there.

I have a basic design that works but I was wondering if I could improve the design by utilising smps pfc dsp design.

I would love any help and as I say its an open platform it is registered to myself but that is just the start.

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.