Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

broadband impedance matching using negative-image modeling

pragash

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to do broadband impedance matching using the negative-image modeling method. I have given all the steps of the negative-image modeling method. my question is on step one as of now but I have given all the steps needed to do broadband impedance matching for an LNA.

The steps to do broadband matching using the negative-image modeling method are:

1. Create an equivalent component model for transistor input impedances and output impedance across the frequency. Assume Figure 1 is an equivalent component model for transistors, either input impedance or output impedance. How can I create an equivalent component model for transistor input and output impedances?
1.png

Figure 1: Equivalent component model for transistor input impedances or output impedance across the frequency

1. Negative-image modeling begins in Figure 2 by introducing negative elements -L, -C, and -C’ to cancel the corresponding positive parasitic elements L, C, and C_ of the transistor model.
2.png

Figure 2: Equivalent component model for transistor input impedances and output impedance across the frequency

1. Finally, an inductive-T dualizer completes the non-Foster match in Figure 3.
3.png

Figure 3: added inductive-T dualizer completes the match to 50;

1. The matching circuit can also be simplified, as shown below;
4.png

Figure 4: simpler matching structure is shown to work as well as that of Figure 3, where L1 is positive and L2, L3, and C4 are negative;

1. In Figures 1 - 4, the assumption is that individual negative elements are realized by terminating a Negative Impedance Converter (NIC) in the corresponding positive element, as shown in Figure 5.
5.png

Figure 5: realizing a negative element with a NIC, where k is positive

1. One may alternatively bracket an interconnection of positive elements with NICs to effectively negate that portion of the circuit, as shown in Figure 6.
6.png

Figure 6: structure equivalent to Figure 4, where all elements are positive.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 18

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back